Sterilized 3-Piece Feeding Syringes - 100 ml - 1 unit
Price With Taxes
- Brand: Zarys
- Product Code: MM-SA3P100U
- In stock
Transparent polypropylene barrel, allowing a perfect visualization of the contents Green contrast emboli seal in the form of a double ring in a pl.. See More
.. See More
- Transparent polypropylene barrel, allowing a perfect visualization of the contents
- Green contrast emboli
- seal in the form of a double ring in a plunger stopper located at the top of the plunger
- Smooth sliding of the plunger thanks to the rubber seal
- Limiting flange that protects against accidental removal of the plunger
- Clear, readable and permanent black graduation facilitating dosing
- Graduated every 2 ml
- Latex free
- Without DEHP
- Sterile EO
How to feed through the nasogastric tube? Watch the following video.
ORIENTATION GUIDE HOW TO FEED YOUR FAMILY
This guide is intended to provide guidance on how to feed a dependent person.
CARE IN THE FAMILY'S FOOD
- Provide a tranquil environment;
- Let your family member eat by your own hand, whenever possible;
- Give food according to your preference;
- Offer adequate food depending on your state of health;
- Stimulate your hydration by offering water, tea or juices;
- Give the food in fractional form in small amounts at a time;
- Give the necessary time for your family member to have their meal;
- Give preference to colorful dishes, at the appropriate temperature and flavored;
- Position the relative with the head at 45º (raise the head of the bed or place pillows).
- Sit, if possible, in the usual room for meals.
It is recommended when the family member has difficulty in swallowing the food / medication or when refusing to feed.
Necessary material for feeding the patient with a nasogastric tube:
- 100 ml syringe;
- Nasogastric tube cover;
- Guard, bib or cloth;
- Food / medication.
CARE IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF FOOD THROUGH THE NASOGASTIC PROBE
- Position the patient in the supine position with the head elevated at least 45º;
- Wash hands;
- Place a protection on the family member's chest (paper, cloth or bib);
- Protect food from the air until it is administered;
- Check the food temperature (room temperature);
- Uncap the probe, bearing in mind that it is necessary to clamp (fold the tip of the probe), so that there is no return of liquids;
- Connect the syringe to the end of the probe;
- Aspirate, taking the following into account:
- Less than 100ml of content, you can reintroduce the liquid and administer the food;
- More than 100ml of content, you must reintroduce the liquid and wait for some time until checking again and the content is less than 100ml. Common porridge (Maizena, Nestum, Cerelac, others) or soups can be used. Other foods after crushing must be passed through a fine strainer.
The syringe must be fed to the end, to prevent air from entering the family's stomach. At the end of feeding:
- Administer 100 ml of water, which can be tap, to prevent the probe from becoming clogged with food and to hydrate the patient;
- Wash the syringe under running water and dry well to avoid depositing food on the syringe walls.
The probe does not impede the patient's daily tasks. If you have no physical limitations, you can cook your own food and feed yourself by the tube.
in: Information leaflet from Centro Hospitalar Barreiro Montijo, E.P.E.