Hand Disinfectant - Alcohol Antiseptic Gel 70% with dispenser - 1000ml
Price With Taxes
- Brand: AGA
- Product Code: MM-AG1000
- In stock
Hand Disinfectant - Alcohol Antiseptic Gel with 70% dispenser - 1000ml effective against most viruses, fungi and bacteria. Quantity: .. See More
.. See More
Hand Disinfectant - Alcohol Antiseptic Gel with 70% dispenser - 1000ml effective against most viruses, fungi and bacteria.
- Quantity: 1000ml.
- Antiseptic for hands and arms. It can be used on the skin in general.
- Prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Antiseptic for hands and arms. It can be used on the skin in general. Effective against most viruses, fungi and bacteria.
- EXTERNAL USE.
- SABA (alcohol-based antiseptic solution).
According to the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization, one of the measures to prevent the proliferation of COVID-19 is the use of alcohol gel to clean hands, but it can also be used to clean objects such as telephone, keyboards , chairs and door handles. However, for mobile phones, ATMs and other electronic devices it is more appropriate to use isopropyl alcohol. Alcohol has antimicrobial action, that is, it is capable of killing bacteria and viruses, but pure alcohol is not sold and what is bought is a mixture of alcohol, water and other substances.
70% or 96 alcohol? What is the best in fighting viruses and why?
When purchasing products containing alcohol it is important to pay attention to the amount of alcohol in the composition, since the most suitable in combat contain around 70%. Using products with a lower alcohol percentage may not be effective, and solutions with an alcohol content higher than 70%, contrary to what is expected, are less effective, since evaporation is faster, reducing the contact time of alcohol with the virus and, also, due to the need for water to carry alcohol into the cell of the microorganism, without water or with water in low proportions, alcohol dehydrates the microorganism without killing it.
Which most suitable to use: alcohol gel or liquid alcohol?
Another important question: difference between gel alcohol and liquid alcohol with a concentration of 70%. Gel alcohol is ideal for application to the skin, effectively protecting infections caused by bacterial and viral agents, as it has a more pleasant texture, providing a better application due to the addition of gelling and humectant agents in the formulation. Liquid alcohol, on the other hand, runs easier, can make application more difficult and, therefore, induce less antimicrobial effect.
Are there any disadvantages to using homemade gel alcohol?
With the outbreak of COVID-19 there was a lack of alcohol gel on the market, and homemade recipes circulate in different posts for the production of gel alcohol from concentrated liquid alcohol. However, alcohol gel formulations should not be made at home, as they pose risks and are contrary to legislation.
You should purchase alcohol gel developed by labeled industries.
Industrialized products go through a rigorous production process, as there are standards to be followed, with production steps monitored and standardized quality control, to ensure the effectiveness and safety of the products made available to the consumer. Gel alcohol made from homemade recipes has no quality control and, therefore, there is no guarantee of its effectiveness. In addition, depending on what is used in its composition, instead of eliminating microorganisms it can enhance proliferation.
Wash your hands or use alcohol gel, which one should I prefer?
Before using alcohol gel, give preference to hand washing whenever you can. Prefer to wash your hands with soap and water, but when this is not possible use alcohol gel. It is not necessary to carry out the two actions together, as adequate hand hygiene with soap and water already has an antimicrobial action.
Based on: Observium Bulletin- Alcohol gel what do I need to know?
Do you know how effective the use of alcohol gel is?
The alcohol gel fits into the range of antiseptics, preventing infection by the coronavirus. The WHO (World Health Organization) recommends using solutions with a concentration of 70% ethyl alcohol.
Gel alcohol is not enough: wash your hands !!
Gel alcohol, works effectively against several microorganisms, namely some "cousins" Sars-Cov-2 coronaviruses, which cause Covid-19. However, there are other families of microorganisms that are more resistant to the product, for example, norovirus and some variations of the HAV virus, which causes Hepatitis A. Considering all this, experts recommend not to bring your hands to your face, even after disinfection with alcohol gel. “Washing hands is preferable care to alcohol-based disinfectants for any virus. The physical action of friction, the surfactant action of soap and running water help to remove the virus from the hands, ”explained Christine L. Moe, from Emory University in the United States, to Popular Mechanics.
Use ordinary alcohol, in what situations?
- Often using liquid ethyl alcohol to clean your hands, it dries them and can lead to cracking of the skin. And in this case, we have a gateway to bacteria.
- Therefore, the use of liquid ethyl alcohol should be an exceptional procedure.
- It is best to wash your hands with soap and water, as a ritual whenever you take something shared, patiently for 20 seconds, rubbing your nails and palms.
- If soap and water are not available, then you can use alcohol gel.
- Liquid ethyl alcohol can be used for cleaning surfaces. On surfaces it is not convenient to use alcohol gel because it is sticky and does not work properly.
- The gel alcohol is more suitable for the hands to protect and not dry the skin of the hands.
Care in the acquisition, storage and use of gel alcohol:
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not approach fire, as it is a flammable material.
- Storage should be done according to the label's instructions.
- It is not recommended to use ethyl alcohol in the form of counterfeit or homemade gel (clandestine products): You should always avoid clandestine products, as they have no proof of their virucidal activity and have not undergone quality control in relation to determining the alcohol content ethyl. On the other hand, they did not undergo the security controls necessary to be marketed.
- When purchasing, pay attention to the packaging, label and transparency, because even if the product has color, it must be transparent.
- It is important to note that the purchase of unauthorized irregular products puts consumers, their families and neighbors at risk. The first option for hand hygiene is washing with soap and water. If you are unable to buy alcohol gel from a safe source, do so and hand hygiene with soap and water, which is very effective in preventing Covid-19 when using alcohol gel.