Non Woven Swabs - 10x10cm - 100 units
Price With Taxes
- Brand: Batist Medical
- Product Code: MM-CTNTN10
- In stock
Due to their softness to the touch, TNT (non-woven) compresses can be used to clean the delicate skin of babies and the elderly. They are non-sterile .. See More
.. See More
Due to their softness to the touch, TNT (non-woven) compresses can be used to clean the delicate skin of babies and the elderly. They are non-sterile and are also intended for absorption of exudate from a dirty and / or infected wound and its protection.
Features of compresses
- Composition: Nonwoven Compresses (TNT). 70% Viscose / 30% Polyester. Viscose / Polyester according to European Standard EN1644.
- Number of Layers: 4.
- Box: with 10 packaging
- Quantity: 100 units in each packaging.
- Packaging: in paper bag.
- Latex: Exempt.
- Production: in the Czech Republic. The pads are produced to meet European regulatory requirements.
You save: 2,40€ when you buy at the box.
Sizes available on non-sterile TNT (non-woven) pads and their quantities in each unit pack:
- 5 X 5 cm in a pack of 100 units, folded in 4 layers.
- 7.5 X 7.5 cm in a pack of 100 units, folded in 4 layers.
- 10 X 10 cm in a pack of 100 units, folded in 4 layers.
- 10 X 20 cm in a pack of 100 units, folded in 4 layers.
Usage / indications:
- Babies and the elderly: Cleansing the delicate skin of babies, children and the elderly.
- Wounds: Use in the treatment of wounds in general, especially in the primary treatment of contaminated and infected or highly exuding wounds. The dressings are used for wound protection and / or as an exudate pad. In wound care, the dressing should never be unfolded.
Suggested use of TNT pads for baby diaper changes:
- Since the prolonged use of wipes is one of the factors that may contribute to the onset of diaper rash, whenever possible, when cleaning the genital area, they should be replaced by TNT pads or cloth and water towels. Always dry very well in the end!
- Use of pre-made warm tea stored in a thermos bottle at the changing room, ready for use with each nappy change with TNT pads. The use of tea, for example chamomile and rosemary, is very comfortable for the baby (it gives you a "warm on the tail" feeling) and can be soothing and preventive of some infections.
Use of chamomile tea in the prevention of vaginal candidiasis and urinary tract infections in infants (and adults):
- Chamomile has soothing and preventative properties of vaginal candidiasis. Because female babies anatomically have a shorter urethra, the likelihood of developing urinary tract infections is greater, as the pathway for infectious agents is shorter.
- On the other hand, one of the diseases that can develop in the genital area is candidiasis.
- The use of chamomile tea to wash the baby's genitals, especially girls, is preventative of these two situations (urinary tract infections and candidiasis).
Where does candidiasis manifest in babies?
In women the fungus proliferates in the vaginal canal and vulva, however in babies the fungus proliferates in the mouth, tail or perianal region, in the form of rash. In the mouth the inflammation, commonly known as thrush, is favored by pacifiers and bottles. It appears as a white sign on the tongue and roof of the mouth. Already in the tail or in the genital region, manifests itself in the form of rash, as an inflammation in the skin.
How to distinguish genital and oral candidiasis in age from diaper rash or other disorders?
- The tail is in the form of a cluster of reddish dots, as if drawn with a pen.
- In the mouth, to know how to differentiate the contamination by the fungus of milk plates that commonly accumulate, just try to remove with a compress. The milk plate comes out, no candidiasis.
- When the fungus manifests in the mouth, it is important to treat both the mouth and chest with the medicine. It is not necessary to stop breastfeeding.
What is candidiase?
Vaginal candidiasis is a very common infection caused by a type of fungus that lives in the intestines and vagina in our usual flora. This fungus come in two forms: yeast or filamentous. When it is in the form of yeast, it is in the benign form and can live in our body without developing the disease. Already in the filamentous form (of pseudohyphae and true hyphae), causes symptoms such as itching and vaginal discharge - candidiasis.
About 80 to 90% of candidiasis is caused by the species called Candida albicans, the rest by others we call non-albicans.
When does the infection manifest?
These fungi are considered opportunistic in that when the person is healthy, they do not cause disease. However, when the host has decreased defenses, they cause infection.
Candida fungus usually resides in the skin and intestines. From these zones it can spread to the genitals.
How to treat candidiasis?
As it cannot be characterized as a common diaper rash, candidiasis should be treated with an antifungal prescribed by the doctor. Although not serious, it is important that the diagnosis be made quickly so that the baby does not feel uncomfortable.
What are the main causes of candidiasis in the baby?
- Appears particularly when there is excess moisture.
- The infection is common in cases of diseases that lower the immune system, such as HIV or diabetes.
- Hormonal changes of pregnancy.
- Overuse of steroids and antibiotics.
- Contraceptive use.
- Immunosuppressive drugs.
- Radio treatments and chemotherapy.
- Use of antibiotics.
- In the period of menstruation.
What to avoid in terms of food when candidiasis manifests?
- Refined and simple sugars and carbohydrates like crackers, white rice, pasta and white bread. In addition to nourishing Candida, the candy modifies the intestinal pH.
- Wine, beer and other beverages fermented by the action of fungi. While you have candidiasis, you should avoid all foods that contain fungi, such as mushrooms, vinegars and products that include them (ketchup, mustard, olive and pickles) and yeast dough (bread, pizza and pie).
- Acid foods such as white rice, alcoholic beverages, coffee, sweets (chocolates, cakes, pies, ice cream, candies), regular soft drinks and all refined cereals.