Saline is an isotonic solution containing 0.9% NaCl in distilled water.
Can be used for:
- Cleaning of wounds, stomata and burns;
- Contact lens cleaning and ocular irrigation;
- Nebulization for asthma or others;
- Wetting of compresses and dressings;
- Nasal irrigation (besides cleaning and moisturizing the nose, helps prevent colds, flu and allergic symptoms);
- Hygiene of a new piercing;
- Hydration of the skin (the serum has properties capable of reducing the dilation of the pores of the face and nourishing the skin);
- Vaporizers and humidifiers;
- Putting a tooth that is waiting for reimplantation by a dentist;
- Surgical procedures (washing of body cavities and wetting of tissues during these procedures);
- Preparations of microscopies.
Hygiene standards recommend the use of saline irrigation in a single dose in order to avoid cross-contamination.
It can be sold with mini spike to increase the safety and sterilization of the serum after opening, reducing the risks of contamination of the same.