Blood pressure and pulse meter on the arm automatically.
Also known as Sphygmomanometer or omron.
- Fully automatic operation.
- With 4x30 memories. The device can have up to 4 users.
- With average calculation of the last 7 measurements.
- Indicates low battery.
- Includes battery and storage bag.
- Average of the last 3 measurements.
- Cuff XL (30 to 42 cm) available as an accessory.
- Automatically shuts off
- Arrhythmia detection
- Indicates date and time
- Large, easy-to-read display
- Cuff size: 22-35cm
- Medical device
- Misuse message
- Risk indicator
- Approx. Product weight: 395 g
- Product dimensions (L x W x H) 155 x 110 x 70 mm
Arrhythmia detection: Warning function for possible disturbance in heart rhythm
Risk indicator: Classification of measurements with coloured scale
How and when to take blood pressure measurements at home?
The measurement should be done in the morning and at night.
3 readings should be taken with an interval of 1 minute between them.
The weekly average of all readings corresponds to the person's blood pressure at home.
Factors that favor arterial hypertension:
- sedentary lifestyle
- excess of work
- hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol)
Treatment for hypertension
- A more hygienic life that includes greater physical activity and smoking cessation.
- Excess weight loss.
- The decrease in salt consumption.
- These altered lifestyle changes are often sufficient. Otherwise, several families of antihypertensive drugs are available. In the pharmaceutical world there are 7 main classes of antihypertensive medications and several drugs in each class, several combinations of drugs are possible to manage the treatment of arterial hypertension.
What are the reference values for blood pressure?
Normotension (normal values):
- low: must be less than 85mmHg
- high: must be less than 135mmHg
Hypertension, what is the danger in not controlling?
Hypertension is recognized as one of the situations that rarely manifest itself by symptoms and whose sequels can take years, or even decades to be recognized.
Non-adherence to treatment for hypertension
One of the reasons for not adhering to the treatment of hypertension is the fact that patients think they do not need treatment because hypotension is rarely symptomatic.
In addition, patients may think that the medication they take will have no effect because they have no symptoms when they start it. Solution? Monitoring blood pressure at home or self-monitoring of blood pressure is one of the tools to improve adherence, possibly because it allows the immediate return of information to patients on how blood pressure is being controlled.
Altered blood pressure values measured by healthcare professionals
Patients who take blood pressure measurements at home can avoid many difficulties in monitoring blood pressure at the doctor's appointment, including poor measurement techniques and masked hypertension. Patients can also avoid reverse white coat hypertension, which happens very often when measured in the office or in front of a professional, although it is high outside the office.
In which people is blood pressure higher?
Arterial hypertension and damage to target organs of hypertensive cause are more prevalent and more severe in certain minority populations, namely in African-Americans.