Hand Disinfectant Softa-Man (Promanum Gel) - 500ml
Price With Taxes
- Brand: B Braun
- Product Code: MM-SM500
- In stock
Softa-Man Hand Disinfectant (promanum Gel) is a high quality disinfectant fully certified for hospital use. Produced in Germany by B. Braun, it is wid.. See More
.. See More
Softa-Man Hand Disinfectant (promanum Gel) is a high quality disinfectant fully certified for hospital use. Produced in Germany by B. Braun, it is widely used with incredible results, both by healthcare professionals and private individuals. A disinfectant from the SABA alcohol-based disinfectant family.
Hand disinfection with gel consistency Active against bacteria incl. MRSA, mycobacteria, fungi, encapsulated viruses and rotavirus.
- Alcohol-based solution, ready to use.
- For pre-surgical hand hygiene and / or preparation.
- Long-lasting action.
- For hygienic and surgical disinfection of the hands.
- Without perfume and dyes
- Excellent skin tolerability
Type of application: localized application on the skin.
Product Use: Hygienic and surgical hand disinfection
- Hygienic hand disinfection: 30 sec
- Surgical hand disinfection: 90 sec
Efficacy (in vitro tests)
- Bacteria (incl. TbB, MRSA)
- Enveloped viruses (incl. HBV, HCV, HIV)
- Rotavirus, Adenovirus, Norovirus1
Softa-Man ViscoRub is applied without diluting on the hands. Throughout the application period the skin must remain moist with the undiluted preparation.
- Hygienic hand washing according to EN 1500: Apply at least 3 ml of undiluted Softa-Man ViscoRub on dry hands and rub on the skin. Proceed until your hands are dry. All parts of the hand including the areas of skin between the fingers must remain moist for at least 30 s.
In case of strong and visible contamination of the hands or after contact with Mykobacteria, perform two hygienic hand rubs consecutively.
- Surgical hand washing: Rub several 2 to 3 ml portions of undiluted Softa-Man ViscoRub on dry hands and forearms. The skin must remain completely wet with Softa-Man ViscoRub for a period of at least 90 s, then let it dry.
- Before and after touching the patient
- Before handling an invasive patient care device, regardless of whether gloves are worn or not
- After contact with body fluids or excretions, mucous membranes, non-intact skin or wound dressings
- Moving from a contaminated location on the body to another location on the body while caring for the same patient
- After contact with surfaces and objects (including medical equipment) in the patient's vicinity
- After removing sterile or non-sterile gloves
- Before handling medications and preparing food
- Wide spectrum of action, high efficiency and accessibility.
- Residual action for 3 hours.
- Unique gel consistency
- Low risk of allergies due to the absence of perfume and dyes
Tested according to: EN1275, prEN 12054/13727, EN 13624, EN 14348, EN 14476, EN 1500, EN 12791
Active ingredients per 100 ml of solution:
- 45 g of ethanol (100%) and 18 g of propan-1-ol
- Contains bisabolol
List of excipients: Polyvivone, sorbitol, isopropyl myristate, PCL-liquid, Perfume Flair PH, 799893/731960, Standard Blue V / E 131, CI No. 42051 (85%), Quinoline Yellow / E104, CI No. 47005 (70 %), purified water.
Hands are the main vehicle for transmitting microorganisms from one individual to another or from the environment to the individual. Therefore, hand hygiene is the main measure of control of healthcare associated infection and with indirect impact on the control of antimicrobial resistance is unquestionable.
Hand hygiene should be carried out in accordance with the WHO's “Five Moments” conceptual model, which correspond to indications that hand hygiene is mandatory in clinical practice.
The “Five Moments” for hand hygiene are:
- I - Before contact with the patient;
- II - Before clean or aseptic contacts;
- III - After risk of exposure to organic fluids;
- IV - After contact with the patient;
- V - After contact with the patient's environment.
Hand hygiene techniques
- Wash with soap and water
- Antiseptic friction
- Preoperative hand preparation
- The alcohol-based antiseptic solution, for example Promanun, is currently the product of choice for hand hygiene. Hand skin has been shown to tolerate alcoholic solutes better with appropriate emollients than frequent soap and water washes. The effectiveness in reducing transient flora is identical or even greater.
- Hand hygiene with soap and water and alcohol-based antiseptic solution should not be routinely performed at the same time.
- The amount of Promanun required should be proportional to the size of the hands, its temperature and the ambient temperature.
- How should antiseptic hand rubbing be performed?
- Apply Promanun to dry hands and rub all areas for 20 to 30 seconds;
Department of Health Quality / Patient Safety Division. Normative Circular No. 13 of 06/04/2010. Good Practice Guidance for Hand Hygiene in Health Units.
Directorate-General for Health. Standard No. 29/2012 of 28/12/2012. Basic Infection Control Precautions.