Revamil hydrophilic wound gel consists of 100% pure, medicinal honey with a high enzyme content and a low pH. The carefully controlled production process guarantees that Revamil Gel’s honey does not contain any traces of pesticides and that the same quality can be reproduced consistently. Revamil hydrophilic wound gel gives a strong and long-lasting antibacterial protection. Revamil hydrophilic wound gel is particularly suitable for chronic and infected wounds. A tube of Revamil hydrophilic wound gel contains 100% pure, sterilised honey.
Revamil® Gel key characteristics are:
- Protection against wound infections. Factors that contribute to the antibacterial protection are the low pH, the enzymes in the honey, and the low activity of water and high sugar content.
- Limited necrotic tissue. Honey creates a moist wound environment which stimulates healing without necrotic tissue.
- Removal of wound odors. Wound odor can occur due to bacteria who produce all kinds of substances in the wound.
- Revamil® creates a protective layer over the wound.
To use for: chronic wounds, infected wounds, acute wounds, surgical oncological wounds, radiation induced oncological wounds, minor (1rst- and 2nd degree) burns
Box: Revamil® Gel is supplied in 18 gr tubes
Composition: 100% honey
Expiration: Use within three months of opening.
Directions for use:
1. Before applying Revamil gel first clean the wound.
2. Spread a thin layer of Revamil on the secondary wound dressing
3. Revamil can also be applied directly to the wound and then covered with a secondary dressing
4. Attach the secondary dressing in the normal way.
5. Depending on the nature of the wound, replace the dressing every day or every two days.